What happens to your blog when you loose your voice?
No – it’s not a rhetorical question. And no, I don’t mean physiologically loosing voice, like laryngitis, or from writer’s block like procrastination. I mean when you just can’t write due to an emotional reaction to a traumatic personal event?
For me – it’s 4 weeks, to the day now, and I’ve finally found my voice… Here’s a few tips I tried, and here’s what worked.
Tried, tested – didn’t work:
- Just write – anything, something
Nothing inspired me enough to move me to writing
- Focus on a topic that inspires or ignites you passion / values or similar
Nothing was that important or interesting
- Talk to people
I wasn’t doing that either – and didn’t want to!
- Draft pieces of writing and review
Did that – but couldn’t publish – I just didn’t want to be in a public domain
- Acknowledge your state of mind and emotions
- Wait for the time that it feels right again
- When is it going to feel right again?
Dunno – but something will inspire you to finally step and say – hang on a sec.. I’d like to make a contribution to that conversation
So – I’m back.. slowly but surely I’m re-aligning and re-focusing and I think I can write again…
Standby for updates.
Powered by Qumana