"Teaching and learning in an online environment"
Some really valuable points re-iterated by David’s experience with online uni courses across the Australia/Asian region:
- online learning is NOT a transmission model
- quality interaction is essential
- the learner experience is enhanced in comparison to the large lecture based model of teaching
- most problems experienced were administrative!
- the need for more explicit instructions and materials
- the need for voice of the tutor in the text
- biggest diffiulties for students was: time management, self discipline, isolation & anxiety