The 6th International Conference on mobile learning: "Making Connections" will be held In Melbourne – 16 – 19 October.
Objectives: This conference will appeal to a wide range of audiences
who are interested in enhancing learning, designing content and developing
systems for mobile devices and wireless networks. The following objectives serve
to define and guide the structure and foundation of the MLearn 2007 Conference.
- To promote the development of mobile learning
- To stimulate critical debate on & research into theories, approaches,
principles & applications of mobile learning
- To share local & international developments, experiences & lessons
- To promote networking & business opportunity development.
- To encourage the study & implementation of mobile applications in
- To stimulate & assist personal professional development & the
development of new skills for educators.
- To provide a forum for education & knowledge transfer.
- To facilitate dialogue, sharing & networking between diverse cultures
with regard to the optimum use of emerging technologies.
- To bring together providers of technology & services with educators and
The Call for Papers closes 1 June 2007:
- Long papers (8 pages)
- Short papers (4 pages)
- Workshops (2 pages)
- Posters, panels & showcases (500 words)
- Doctoral Consortium (4 pages)
Topics for submission include, but are not limited to:
- mLearning and mobile technology applications in teaching and learning
- mobile technology to support open and distance learning (ODL)
- assessment techniques and practices in mLearning
- design and development of material for mLearning
- informal, lifebased and lifelong learning with the aid of mobile technology
- building and implementing mLearning strategies in public and private organisations
- effective and efficient management of mLearning processes
- creating interactive and collaborative mLearning environments
- the impact of emerging hardware and software for mLearning
- innovation in learning theory and pedagogy
- social and ethical issues of mLearning
- mLearning for community based styles of networking and communicating
Submission guidelines and categories.