Here’s a series of videoconferencing events put together by LearnTel and Polycom:
- Enhance your knowledge of the use of videoconferencing
- Exchange ideas with other educators
- See developments in videoconference systems
- Network with other professionals
Session 1: Introduction to Videoconference Teaching
A one-day workshop designed for those who have little or no experience with videoconferencing. It will give an overview of videoconferencing and how it can be used for teaching and learning. You will learn how to create and/or adapt existing activities and materials for effective videoconference learning and teaching. Topics covered include:
- Introduction to Videoconferencing – A general overview of videoconferencing and its operation.
- Thinking Visually – Demonstrates the power of the visual message, how to design good visuals and how to best present yourself on-screen.
- Videoconference Strategies – Examines how to engage participants, maintain interest and achieve interaction in the videoconference environment.
- Planning – Explores the things you have to plan to organise a videoconference and outlines a planning process to help you structure your sessions in the best possible way.
Read more at: http://www.learntel.com.au AND http://www.ltug.org/carol_bio.html
Check the videoconference blog at: http://videoconference.edublogs.org/
Date: 27 September 2006
Time: 10:00am – 5:00pm
Venue: Polycom, Level 6, 182 Blues Point Rd, NORTH SYDNEY
Session 2: Extending Your Links: Accessing & delivering content via videoconference
This one-day event will include the following features. For program information click here
Recognised leaders in their field will share their knowledge and experience with the use of videoconferencing for teaching and learning.
Exemplars of innovative uses of videoconferencing will be presented practitioners who are out there doing it now.
Experts and practitioners in a panel discussion designed to stimulate thinking and discussion. You’re sure to want to continue this discussion over cocktails!
You will have the opportunity to network with speakers and other delegates throughout the day.
Date: 28 September 2006
Time: 9:00am – 5:00pm. Followed by cocktails & networking until 6pm
Venue: Sheraton on the Park, 161 Elizabeth St, SYDNEY
Registration Fee: $395 per person – includes cocktail event
Session 3: Videoconferencing – systems of the future
You are invited to a demonstration of the latest videoconferencing systems from Polycom. In this 90-minute session, Polycom experts will show you videoconferencing of the future.
Date: 29 September 2006
Time: Various 90-minute timeslots throughout the day
Venue: Polycom, Level 6, 182 Blues Point Rd, North Sydney
Registration: This demonstration is free of charge for conference delegates – but you must register for the timeslot of your preference.
LTUG members receive A$50 discount if you register for Session 2.
Powered by Qumana